redeemed

over the last few years, Isaiah has become one of my favorite books in the Bible. It's a book of prophecy and promise, and is one that we can find so much hope in. I went through Beth Moore's "Breaking Free" study several years ago, and this was really when I fell in love with this book.

at a girls conference today, the worship leader read Isaiah 43, and I love its words...
But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

to me, this speaks so clearly of God's unchanging love for his people. this is written to the Israelites, and God is promising to deliver and restore them. it's like this chapter looks past their captivity to the idea of spiritual redemption. they had already been set apart as a people, and this chapter looks past their disobedience and reveals the love of God towards his chosen people.

I love the word redeemed, especially as it's used in this passage. we have been redeemed by the blood of Christ, and nothing can change or take that away.

two books that have become favorites of mine are Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and Redemption by Karen Kingsbury. both are Christian fiction books, but both have spoken such truth into my life about the concept of redemption. If you need a good book, pick one of these up... I promise you won't be able to put it down!

one of the dictionary definitions reads,

"to free from captivity by payment of ransom."


I have been bought with a price and I am a daughter of the King! it's what I claim, no matter the circumstance. the one who created me also summoned me... I have been summoned by name... even though a lot of people here on earth can't remember my name (apparently it's just too long!), my Savior summoned me by it... Mary Margaret Collingsworth.  On June 8, 2000 at Camp Orlando, he summoned me by name and I've never been the same since. he breathed new life into me and radically changed me. I am his! I am redeemed... I have been bought by the King.

If you want to know how you can have a relationship like this with the King of Kings, let me know... I would love to talk to you about it and tell you what my King has done for me.

Comments

marymargaretc said…
yep... just realized that I blogged about this passage a couple of months ago... I guess it's really speaking loud and clear! :)

Popular Posts