beauty

I remember hearing matt chandler preach at a college bible study a few years ago about the beauty of the Lord. he reminded us that as we are outside, in the midst of the busyness of life, to see God in the things he created... to see those things as a reflection of his beauty and majesty. this is something that I remember oftentimes when I see something really incredible outside, but it's something that's easy to forget in day-to-day situations. today I had the chance to spend the day in sherman for our staff retreat and I was so amazed by the beauty of what I saw. we got to take 4-wheelers out on the property and drive all over several hundred acres of land. It was one of those freeing moment... I gunned the throttle, wind blowing through my hair, and went as fast as I could. I even caught some air going over a hill... SO much fun!! all that to say, I was amazed at the beauty of the Lord today reflected in the tall grass, the beautiful blue texas sky, the animals we saw, and the peacefulness of the ranch. it was awesome to be able to take a day off and just have fun. it really was incredible and I wish I had pictures to post up here, but my camera took a nosedive to the ground the other day and isn't working right. I'm a city girl, but I love the country... what an amazing escape.

I actually got to spend last weekend in louisiana, which was also an awesome getaway for me. I love my family and it was awesome to spend a weekend with some of them. I got to hang out with my cousin julie in alexandria, her sister (jody) and her family (brad and the 3 kids - jordan, briley, and braden) in ruston, and also got to see my aunt jean and uncle ronnie. we shopped, played, went to the state fair, and just sat and talked. it really doesn't get much better than that. I almost went hunting saturday morning but they left at 5am and I decided I would pass! maybe next time...

I'll leave you with a verse that so describes my day...

“One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek Him in His temple.”
Psalm 27:4

Comments

Popular Posts