Oh, Football.

I'm so sad that when today is over, it's officially the end of football season. I spent most of my Saturdays last fall watching college football, and I wouldn't change a thing. I love the SEC in general, and the Florida Gators in particular. I'm SO excited about our new coach, and the fact that we have a great new recruiting class. For now, I will spend my Saturdays wishing for the fall, in anticipation of great football and my favorite time of year.

Of course I know that today is THE day for football, but I just don't care that much. I love the Cowboys, but we desperately needs some help. It was a tragic moment when my roommate Alyssa (who also loves the Cowboys) realized that we're not in the right "region" to get Cowboys games every week. Who cares about the Falcons and the Titans?? Not us.

Anyway, I'm going to hang out with some of my SL friends this afternoon and watch the game, and my contribution is one of my favorite game-day snacks (or any-day snacks for that matter).... Cowboy Caviar!

Here's the recipe:
2 cans of black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can of whole kernel corn
1 can of ro-tel
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
2-3 diced avocados

Dressing:
1 T red wine vinegar
2 T olive oil
4 T lime juice
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 t salt
1/2 t black pepper

Mix all of the canned and chopped ingredients together (except avocado) and add mixed dressing. Chill. Before serving, add avocado.



Let me tell you... this stuff is GOOD and addictive. It's a great party food, and it's fairly healthy - lots of fresh ingredients.

If you give it a try, let me know what you think!

As for today, GO PACKERS! You can't be a good Cowboys fan and root for the Steelers (as Alyssa informed me).

Comments

Jenny said…
MMMMMMMM! I am also rooting for the Packers today.
Jenn Price said…
Oooo I love your Cowboy Caviar! Remember when we were in Arkansas with your fam and you, me, and Rob made Cowboy Caviar and yummy sandwiches with Havarti cheese? I have been in love with Cowboy Caviar and Havarti cheese since then! I love you!

Popular Posts