Compassion

Most of you know that I'm headed to Kenya next week with a team from Student Life. We are going through Compassion International, and have the incredible opportunity to visit several of their Child Development Programs and meet the team of Leadership Development Program students who will travel with us this summer.

"Releasing Children from Poverty in Jesus' Name."

This is the mission of Compassion, and I believe wholeheartedly in what they do. I have sponsored a little girl named Vicky for the last four and a half years. She is eight years old and and comes from a large family. We write letters back and forth, and she draws pictures to send in the mail. She loves to talk about her family, games she likes to play, and talks about Jesus. It is such an exciting day when I open up the mailbox to read a letter that she has sent.

For just $38 a month, you can make a difference in the life of a child. I was able to spend last summer with Maureen (who I wrote about in this post) and gained a greater understanding of how much Compassion impacts these children. Compassion not only helps children, it helps their families as well.

While we are in Kenya, I'm going to be able to meet Vicky! I'm packing a backpack of fun things for her this weekend to give to her once we get there. I honestly don't even know how to prepare for this moment, but I can tell you that I feel so humbled and excited.

Here's where you come in... if you're interested in sponsoring a child from Kenya, please let me know ASAP! If you act quickly, you can send me a backpack for your child, and I can make sure it gets to him or her. If you're interested in a child from another country, let me know that as well. I can get you the information that you need.

I hope that you'll pray about making a difference in the life of a child. You can be a part of releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name... one child at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts