light in the darkness

over the last couple of months, I just haven't had much to say or write.  I've started writing on here several times, and just never finished anything.
over the last year, I feel like I really have wrestled with God in several areas of my life.  today was the first time in awhile that I just laughed... I let go and laughed so hard with some of my friends at lunch.  it's been way too long, and I've just felt too overwhelmed.  all that to say, I'm ready to put it all behind me.  I'm ready to move on and move forward from the tough year that 2007 was.  If you think you know why my year was tough, you probably don't... but God has walked with me every step of the way, day by day.

sorry if I haven't been a good enough friend, returned enough phone calls, and really responded like a friend should.  I've had to take some serious time for me, and it has been difficult, but worth it.   I'm sorry.  I'm just a sinner.  I'm no better than anyone else.  I want my life to be ruined and wrecked by God so that he can be glorified through me, no matter how much it hurts or what it costs me.  I have surrendered my life to that, and I am ready for whatever that means.  a verse that I read in my quiet time this week was out of psalm 18:28 and it says, "The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness."  this is such incredible truth.  God has brought such incredible light into my darkness, and it's because of him that I am where I am today.

right now, I'm exhausted.  we just finished an incredible d-now weekend... we had 198 students (wow!!!) and God completely exceeded our expectations on every level.  I had the privilege of praying with 3 6th grade girls to receive Christ this week.  what a blessing.  God is hard at work, which means that Satan is just as hard at work trying to throw us off course.

this weekend was the tip of the iceberg of what I believe God is about to do in our student ministry and in our church.  God has laid an incredible foundation, and we are following hard and fast after him and his plan.  Pastor Craig announced to the church today about where the Lord has been leading his heart, and that a plot of 4.5 acres at the corner of our property is going to be cleared off and we are going to build an incredible student building.  the most amazing part of it is that it's not about the building.  God has so clearly led and guided us to this place that it's about Him.  it's about the lives that he's going to change because this ministry will be able to grow, flourish, and reach students that we would never have reached otherwise.  it's about making an impact on this community, and drawing a line in the sand that we are about to cross.  God is so good.

Comments

Popular Posts