God in the details

this girl is tired. the last few months have been a whirlwind, and I just haven't had (or taken) the time to sit down and blog. lots of changes, all good, have happened, and I'm so excited about this chapter. I said goodbye to my church family and friends in austin at the end of july and started seminary at new orleans baptist theological seminary in the middle of august. this is something I've been praying about for a long time, but God hadn't opened up a door yet until this fall. I'm so excited about what I'm learning and the fact that it's so relevant to where I feel God leading me. this is definitely not where I thought I would be right now, and I'm really missing my austin friends, but I know I'm where I'm supposed to be.

in addition to this move, I've stepped up to the plate to make some changes in my life personally. I'm on a healthy track to lose weight... finally! I feel like I've tried everything out there, but didn't stick with anything long enough to make a big difference. I'm tired of being overweight and not loving to shop for clothes. I'm tired of being tired and unhealthy, so I made a change. I've started taking Advocare nutritional supplements, and to put it mildly, it's changed my life. I have more energy than I've had in a really long time, and I'm starting to see results in pounds and inches lost. I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing on here so that my faithful blog readers (which at this point is probably just my mom!) can know how I'm doing and help hold me accountable. my big goal is to have lost 100 pounds by next august, and I'm going to do it. I'm determined and excited! I know it's doable and reachable, so here I go...

Advocare is also changing my life financially. I'm a distributor in the company also, so it means that if you're interested in losing weight, gaining energy, increasing athletic performance, or earning extra money, I can help you out and would LOVE the opportunity to tell you more about it. I promise you won't be disappointed and it's an opportunity to be a part of something life changing! check out my website for more info... and watch this video... it gives an awesome overview of advocare!

anyway, God was in the details with the timing of when he brought advocare into my life, as he knew I would soon be out of a job and a poor grad student. it's been awesome.

my family is crazy as ever, but they're doing great. rob is healing up from his fall earlier this summer and is back to walking and normal activity. wes is a senior (believe it or not!) at asbury college and will graduate in may of 2010. mom and dad are still loving little rock, and mom and rob have been visiting my nene (mom's mom) in newnan, georgia lots because she fell and broke her hip a few weeks ago. I was able to be there for a long weekend recently and spend some time with her, which was so special.

the most encouraging part of the last few months is how I've seen God's provision in the details. oh, how he cares about details... I love that. I feel like God is in the middle of picking up broken pieces in my life and restoring them one piece at a time. with this move and transition, every detail fell into place and was so God-ordained. God's provision and supply have been overwhelming, and there's not a doubt in my mind that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. a new song that I've fallen in love with is "unredeemed" by selah. I'll post a link to the video at the bottom of the post. the chorus from the song is my favorite part...
Life breaks and falls apart
But we know these are
Places where grace is soon to be so amazing
It may be unfulfilled
It may be unrestored
But when anything that's shattered is laid before the Lord
Just watch and see
It will not be unredeemed

God is our redeemer... and he doesn't leave pieces in our life to be unredeemed. what a mighty God we serve.
My lips will shout for joy
when I sing praise to you—
I, whom you have redeemed.

Psalm 71:23





Comments

Ruthie said…
I'll be praying for this next chapter in your life... sounds exciting!! I'm also really excited that I have another blog to add to my list... that is a list of blogs I stalk! :)

Popular Posts