life in the valley

we aren't called to live life on the mountaintop.
we are called to live life in the valley.

how will I choose to respond to that?

I think that after we've spent some time on the mountaintop, it's hard to believe that anything else exists... until something happens that sends us hurtling down the side of the mountain and seems to leave us hanging off the edge of a cliff. in that pit of our lives, we desperately cling on to the memories of the mountaintop and long for it again. it is at that moment that we must realize that our lives take place in the valleys... in the midst of our ordinary, everyday, mundane circumstances. a valley isn't a bad place... it just is what it is. our challenge is to find joy and to truly live out an incredible life in the valley. we have to take advantage of the opportunities that we have everyday to glorify God in what we do... because when we find that joy, we find satisfaction in our relationship with Jesus Christ. there's a depth in that joy and satisfaction that is inexplicable, somewhat beyond our comprehension.

I'm not writing all of this to say that I have it all figured out, but it's what the Lord was trying to get across to me in my quiet times this week. I'm reading through "my utmost for his highest" by oswald chambers, and october 3 & 4 were on this exact subject.

I'm definitely living out my life in the valley right now... not my first choice or the easiest thing, but it's where I am. I'm grateful for what I've experienced over the last year of my life, and I can't wait to see how God uses it all for His glory.

Comments

Popular Posts