I thought the finale tonight was hilarious... I'm probably crazy and just plain exhausted, but I loved it! here are a few of my favorite moments:
- gladys knight and her "pips" - ben stiller, jack black, and robert downey, jr. - I love gladys, and this song is a favorite of mine - those guys are crazy!
- jordin sparks - I love this girl - so much personality! she was on tour as a backup singer when I saw michael w. smith twice on his christmas tour - she was incredible then, and is even more so now.
- michael johns and carly smithson - two of my favorites from this season, both of which went home too soon
- david archuleta singing "apologize" with one republic - ryan tedder didn't sound great tonight, but david sounded great on the song. I actually have a cd from my sweet friend amanda hampton that has some of ryan's early recordings - way back in the day. she gave it to me in high school, and it's hilarious to listen to now! ha!
- bryan adams - I didn't love the song he sang tonight, but I love some of his other stuff. sappy, I know.
what I could have done without tonight:
- the donna summer medley
- mike myers as the "guru" - shameless promotion!
- brooke white with the guy from crosby, stills, and nash - too folksy for my taste
- george michael. need I say more? carrie underwood sang "praying for time" SO much better on "idol give back" this year - he sounded terrible.
have I mentioned yet that I bought tickets to go see the concert tour when it comes to dallas in august?! have I mentioned that I am freaking excited about it?! jenn's going to go with me, and we're going to scream and sing along... I can't wait!!!
by the way, did anyone catch the new coldplay/apple commercial? it was pretty awesome... I know wes loved it!
well, that's my two cents. let me know what you thought.