family

If you know me well at all, you know how much I love my family.  I am so thankful that I have great relationships with both of my parents and both of my brothers.... I feel incredibly blessed.  We haven't always been this close, but I am so glad that we are now.

I also have an amazing extended family on both sides.  Believe me, we're all very different, but we're family, and when things happen, we all drop everything and get together.  Whether it's a wedding, funeral, or family reunion, it's rare that someone doesn't come... because that's what you do for your family.

My mom called last night to let me know that my great Uncle Landrum Leavell passed away after being in the hospital for the last several weeks.  He was a great man of faith and loved the Lord and his family more than anything.  He was my NeNe's (grandmother on my mom's side) youngest brother, which now leaves my NeNe as the last of her siblings.  I'm headed up to Wichita Falls, Texas, tomorrow for the funeral on Tuesday.  I hate that things like this bring us all together, but I'll be happy to see my family this week.  Awhile back, I posted about this side of my family, and the heritage that I come from, and the legacy that they have left for us.

When I called mom back this morning to figure out our plans, she let me know that Rob had another seizure last night.  He's doing fine now, but he's just a little sore.  I am still praying for healing for Rob, but that ultimately God would use this in his life so that He alone can be glorified.

In my quiet time this morning, I ran across this passage, so I'll leave you with the words of David:

I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;


He heard my cry for mercy.


Because he has turned his ear to me,


I will call on him as long as I live."


Psalm 116:1-2


Comments

Linda Whitten said…
Mary Margaret: I miss seeing you every time I visit Mike and Cat. The other day we started signing up for Mission Colleyville, and it made me sad that you would not be there! You are very missed. And. . .I am so sorry to hear about Rob's continued struggles. Please give all of your family my best. . .we will be praying for you and your family.
Tarrah Zimmerman said…
Praying for your family this week!

Popular Posts