i'm not gonna...

...write you a love song.

I love sara bareilles' new song titled "love song." it's on the list of my ever-increasing "purchased" playlist on itunes. I think that music speaks louder than ordinary words sometimes, so here's a glimpse into my head... I'll give you the last 10 songs I've purchased from itunes.... from earlier this month to last week.

  • "love song" by sara bareilles - I love the jazzy feel of this song... and I think it was the free song of the week the week I bought it.



  • "it's all wrong, but it's alright" by michael johns - oh how I am loving the current season of american idol. I love checking the tivo tuesday and wednesday nights these days and catching up. oddly enough, this is a dolly parton song... can't really stand her. this was one of my favorite performances though, and I love michael johns. it was a heartbreaker last week when he had to go home. mark my words though, he's going to be big. love it.



  • "across the universe" by michael johns - see, I told you that I love his voice. he's got this amazing edge to his voice that makes it unique. this was an awesome song during beatles week.



  • "stop and stare" - the ep by onerepublic - I totally love their sound and I love the title track to this ep. the other songs are great too - "last goodbye" and "too easy"



  • "shout to the Lord" by the american idol top 8 - ok, so I'm still trying to figure this one out, but I love the song, so I bought it. I've been reading josh griffin's blog lately (the hs pastor at saddleback) and he posted the link to the video and it had some interesting feedback from his readers. michael told us we should all check his blog out, and it's proved to be hilarious and a great read.



  • "praying for time" by carrie underwood - I promise I'm not a total american idol freak, you just happened to catch me at a moment where there have been some great songs! this was a live performance on "idol gives back" last week, and I love carrie underwood anyway, so I've listened to it a lot this week.



  • "bleeding love" by leona lewis - this girl has an incredible voice... I heard her sing on tv a few weeks ago, and I love this song. simon cowell is predicting that she's the next big thing. you should take a listen.


ok, so there you have it. I'll keep you posted on what else I find. I've had an interesting few weeks, and God is really stretching and challenging me. I can't wait to share what He's doing, but that's going to have to wait. I promise I'm about to start writing here more... I'm working on it. I'm about to head to bed early... this has been a long weekend... dine by design friday night, 9th grade girls sleepover and painting pottery friday night (we stayed up til almost 4am... not as much fun as it used to be! ha!), went to the zoo with some fun friends today and saw the new penguin exhibit. I love penguins! if I can figure out how to put pictures on here, I'll put a few up. that's all for now!

mmc

Comments

Popular Posts