January?

Can someone please tell me where January went? Between taking a seminary workshop in New Orleans, a crazy busy month at work, traveling to Boone, NC for our Student Life Ski weekend, and house-sitting, it has flown by, and the next few weeks promise to be just as crazy! I've got a family wedding in New Orleans, trip with SL to Chattanooga, and our Compassion trip to Kenya in February (more about Kenya to come)! You're only young once, right?? According to the boys I'm watching this weekend (5 and 7), I'm not a grown up because I'm not married yet. Well, shucks! I guess I'll just stay a kid for a little bit longer ;)

Have I mentioned yet how much I love my job? If you don't know, I'm a Ministry Event Coordinator at Student Life, which means I spend the year planning and preparing everything for a summer full of camp! Once summer hits, I'll travel with one of our Directors and a summer staff to put on 11 youth camps all over the country. We will be one of five teams on the road this summer. I had the opportunity to serve with Student Life last summer and it was an incredible experience. We got to see God move in the lives of countless teenagers and adults, and He got all of the glory for it. At this point in my life, I love to be behind the scenes. All of this prep work is much more fun than it is actual work, and I absolutely love the team I serve alongside.

One of my biggest responsibilities is working with our summer staff applicants, and it's so much fun! I love reading their stories, talking to them on the phone, and emailing with them to make sure everything's all set for them to interview with us for a summer position. If you have any college-aged friends who are looking for a ministry opportunity this summer, send them to our website for more info! Tell them to hurry though... the application deadline is January 31!

I've found an incredible church home at The Church at Brook Hills, and I feel blessed to be able to hear David Platt preach every week. Today's sermon was incredible... you should definitely download and listen! I've joined the choir, and absolutely love it. This has already begun to be an incredible chapter of life, and I can't wait to see what else God has in store...

I'll leave you with a few pictures of recent events...

This is the truck we took to Student Life Ski last weekend - packed to the gills! 

Matt, Ryan, and Ben setting up the Servant Life booth at Ski... ha!

Worship with 750 students and adults at SL Ski!

Lots more to come... keep checking back!

Comments

I absolutely LOVE your blog... you picked great colors! :) p.s. you won the giveaway... email me your address.

Popular Posts