the queen of good intentions

Well, here I am. I've decided to give blogging another try, and this is where I'm camping out. I feel like it's aptly titled... "Story of my life." In case you're wondering, that's what it's going to be. I'm not an absurdly interesting person, but I serve a mighty God who is living and active, and I'm a part of the story he has written, and I can't wait to share it with you.

I have been known as "the queen of good intentions." I have books on my shelf that I have read most of, but haven't finished, and I have a big stack of books that have yet to be opened.


There are projects (like the scarf I tried to knit) that just sit, unfinished as well.



I tend to over-commit myself and have the best intentions to do things that eventually never get done.

It's my prayer that this will be a year of finishing. I don't want to be known as "the queen of good intentions" anymore, but I want to finish things, and finish them well. I have goals that I want to accomplish, and I can't wait to see how the Lord is going to use each of them to stretch and grow me. 

So, this first post is going to be short and sweet. Stick around though... there's more to come. Life is good and God continues to be faithful.

Comments

Caroline Sweatt said…
Of those books, you really need to read Deep Ministry, the Don Miller, and Decision Points. Some of my faves!
Anonymous said…
I love your blog. The stack of books was particularly interesting. I am a sucker for a good reading list. Proud of you!
Christie said…
MM, you are very interesting! Maybe even absurdly so. :-P I did get a chuckle out of the picture of the scarf though. Have you been working on that for over a year now? Love you!

Popular Posts