looking back and looking forward

I think part of being on a journey is looking back.

looking back to see what God has done and how he's proved himself to be faithful time and again.

for some reason, I looked at my old blog today... it was a trip down memory lane for me, and a testimony to God's faithfulness in my life. I wouldn't be where I am today without each of those experiences. the last entry I wrote was the weekend that I graduated college 2 years ago. it's amazing how quickly time passes and how much we change.

change is such a huge word, and a necessary part of life. I was flipping through my study Bible this morning and found a piece of paper I hadn't seen in a long time. it's an excerpt from donald miller's book "through painted deserts" that speaks of change, and I thought back to the first time that I read it... so much has changed since then. ironic? I don't think so.

God has a purpose for every season of our lives... it's up to us whether or not we see His hand in every breath we take, in every situation that we face, in every painful or joyful situation.

I've been co-teaching a high school girls Bible study this summer on the book of Esther. one verse that keeps resounding in my head is where Esther and Mordecai are talking, and she is about to agree to help the Jews and basically put her life on the line for them. Mordecai looks at her says says,
"yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14b - nkjv)

God's timing is perfect, and He used Esther in such a mighty way. sometimes we miss out on opportunities to do something because we forget that God has brought us to where we are for such a time as this. I am where I am because God led me here... for such a time as this. I've joined Him on the journey of what He's doing and have followed His call on my life. so, there's purpose in all of it... every bit. because God is at the center of it all.

I'm excited about looking back on this time in my life to see how God was at work that I currently can't see. my heart's desire is to be used to bring glory to His name... even if it's just to help one person or see one girl realize that she's beautiful and important in God's eyes, it's worth it all. spending time with the girl who questions her self-worth because of something that someone has said to her is worth it. I hope that I can use the pain and heartache that I've experienced to lessen someone else's pain and allow them to learn from my mistakes.

God is already answering prayers and opening doors here, and I am so excited to see Him at work.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite passages...
the Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,

because the Lord has anointed Me

to preach good tidings to the poor;

He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted,

to proclaim liberty to the captives,

and the opening of the prison to those who are bound...

to give them beauty for ashes,

the oil of joy for mourning,

the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness,

that they may be called trees of righteousness,

the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.

isaiah 61:1,3

Comments

Popular Posts