august update

it's been awhile since I've posted, so here's an update on what's been going on!  I just got back from an incredible weekend in NYC, where I was a bridesmaid in my dear friend Jessica Oney's wedding.  the wedding was beautiful and I had a fantastic time.  It was great catching up with some of my Orlando friends throughout the weekend.  I just put pictures up on facebook, and I'll try to post a few here also.

with jess at the wedding
with Jess at the wedding

with amy burgess at the wedding
with Amy Burgess

when I flew back on Monday, I flew into DFW and went to the American Idol concert with Jenn Price... it was awesome!  haha!  we both watched the whole season and when the tickets went on sale, we just couldn't resist. It was a great concert... the guys were definitely better than the girls, and David Cook totally rocked out at the end.  I loved it!!

with jenn at the american idol concert
with Jenn at the American Idol concert

david cook rockin' it out
David Cook

audience shot
audience shot

We have 2 new student ministry staff members... yay!  Eric Perkins is our new Minister to Families, and he's going to oversee student ministry.  He's had a lot of experience, and is coming off 5 years on the mission field in Ecuador with his family.  Wes Hinote is our new High School Minister, and he starts on Tuesday.  We had an awesome week with Eric last week, and I'm sure this week is going to be great as well, since we'll finally all be in the office together!  I'm really excited about all of the possibilities... I think God's up to something big here, and I feel so blessed to be a part of it.

Whew!  as you can tell, Things have been crazy, but really good.  No more trips planned for me until thanksgiving, and I think we're going to Newnan, GA to visit my mom's family, so it should be fun!  I miss my family, but I'm loving where I am right now.

I'm off to bed now to rest up before tomorrow...

Comments

Popular Posts