healer

I've blogged a lot more lately than I usually do, but I really feel like God is up to some big things, and it's caused my thoughts to come tumbling out.  some serious, some not.

I ran across this song on a friend's blog the other day and the song and the story that inspired it brought me to tears yesterday.  it speaks of such truth and has such power behind it.

I believe confidently that God is a healer.  He is the Great Physician.
"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
Hebrews 4:16

how often do we pray with such boldness?  do we pray believing that God can do what He has clearly said He can do? I think we have been conformed to doubting and to hesitancy in our prayers.  God has really done a work in my prayer life recently, and I think it's changing the way I view God in an incredible way.

We must pray with confidence, with the knowledge that God is in control.  We must pray believing because we serve a God who can do the impossible.
"For nothing is impossible with God."
Luke 1:37

In the same vein, we must also pray trusting God with the outcome.

Here are the lyrics to the song.  It's going to be on Hillsong's new live cd "This is Our God" which releases in the US on August 12.

Healer
You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease

I trust in you
I trust in you

I believe
You're my healer
I believe
You are all i need
I believe
You're my portion
I believe
You're more than enough for me
Jesus, you're all i need

Nothing is impossible for you
Nothing is impossible
Nothing is impossible for you
You hold my world in your hands

Before the song begins, scripture is read.  It's part of Isaiah 53 out of The Message:
"Who believes what we've heard and seen? Who would have thought God's saving power would look like this?

The servant grew up before God-a scrawny seedling,
a scrubby plant in a parched field.
There was nothing attractive about him,
nothing to cause us to take a second look.
He was looked down on and passed over,
a man who suffered, who knew pain firsthand.
One look at him and people turned away.
We looked down on him, thought he was scum.
But the fact is, it was our pains he carried-
our disfigurements, all the things wrong with us.
We thought he brought it on himself,
that God was punishing him for his own failures.
But it was our sins that did that to him,
that ripped and tore and crushed him-our sins!
He took the punishment, and that made us whole.

And by his stripes we are healed."


Comments

Popular Posts